OFFICIAL PHOTO ID FOR THE UK
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I send you a photograph that I have taken and printed?
Yes you can but please be aware that if the quality of the print is poor it will be rejected. This is because we need a good quality photograph in order to produce your card.
Can you give me some advice about the photograph?
Your photos must be 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide - the standard size used in photo booths in the UK i.e. passport sized photographs/
You can't use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.
Your photos must be:
- in colour on plain white photographic paper
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- a true and current likeness of you
- clear and in focus
- without any tears or creases
- unaltered by computer software
The image of you
Your photos must show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people. Below are examples of how your photograph should look (the grey border is not a requirement).
Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:
- facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- with a sensible expression, you can smile
- without anything covering the face
- in clear contrast to the background
- without a head covering (unless it's worn for religious or medical reasons)
- no hats, beanies, head scarves, head bands or sweat bands
- no headphones
- with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- if you normally wear glasses then it is alright to be photographed with your glasses on; please ensure that there is no reflective glare from the lenses
- your eyes must be visible, not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- without any ‘red eye'
- without any shadows in the picture
Photos of children
- Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.
- Children under 6 don't have to be looking directly at the camera or have a neutral expression.
- Children under 1 don't have to have their eyes open. If their head is supported by a hand, the hand mustn't be visible in the photo.
Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter
Our office will close on:-
Friday 21st December, 2018 at 4pm
We re-open on Thursday 3rd January, 2019 at 9.30am
If you want a card in time for either Christmas or New Year’s Eve your completed application form must be with us no later than:-
To receive your card on our 10 working day service we must receive your completed application form by FRIDAY 7th DECEMBER, 2018
To receive your card on our 5 working day service we must receive your completed application form by FRIDAY 14th DECEMBER, 2018
To receive your card on our overnight tracked service we must receive your completed application form by THURSDAY 20th DECEMBER, 2018
In ALL cases please make sure that your referee is available to take our call as cards are not despatched until the reference is completed
PLEASE remember that the post slows down at Christmas and the guide given above is a minimum. There is information on the web site in
“More info” regarding posting your application to us. We are not responsible for non delivery of your application form to our offices.
PLEASE POST EARLY !