Our office will close on:-
Monday 23rd December, 2019 at 4pm
We re-open on Thursday 2nd January, 2020 at 9.30am
If you want a card in time for either Christmas or New Year’s Eve your completed application form must be with us no later than:-
To receive your card on our 10 working day service we must receive your completed application form by MONDAY 9th DECEMBER, 2019
To receive your card on our 5 working day service we must receive your completed application form by MONDAY 16th DECEMBER, 2019
To receive your card on our overnight tracked service we must receive your completed application form by MONDAY 23rd DECEMBER, 2019
In ALL cases please make sure that your referee is available to take our call as cards are not despatched until the reference is completed
PLEASE remember that the post slows down at Christmas and the guide given above is a minimum. There is information on the web site in
“More info” regarding posting your application to us. We are not responsible for non delivery of your application form to our offices.
PLEASE POST EARLY !
Acceptable References—suggested list call if you are unsure 01434 634996
We follow the Identity & Passport Services list of acceptable countersignatures ie referees. Referees must be must be employed and contactable at their place of work and cannot be self employed. Business owners must be from a VAT registered company or a directors of a Ltd company.
The person providing the countersignature must not be related to the applicant by birth or marriage neither should they be in a personal relationship together (this includes a same sex relationship) nor live at the same address.
- Airline Pilots
- Articled clerk of a limited company
- Bank/building society official
- British Computer Society (BCS) - Professional grades which are Associate (AMBCS), Member (MBCS), Fellow (FBCS) (PN 25/2003)
- Chairman/director of limited company
- Christian Science practitioner
- Commissioner of oaths
- Councillor: local or county
- Civil servant (permanent)
- Designated Premises Supervisors
- Director/Manager of a VAT registered Charity
- Engineer (with professional qualifications eg a degree or MICE)
- Fire service official
- Funeral director
- Insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
- Justice of the Peace
- Legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries)
- Local government officer
- Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)
- Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company
- Member of Parliament
- Merchant Navy officer
- Minister of a recognised religion and Salvation Army Officer
- Nurse (RGN and RMN)
- Officer of the armed services
- Personal License Holder
- Photographer (professional)
- Police officer
- Post Office Manager or Manageress eg Postmaster
- President/Secretary of a recognised organisation
- Probation Officer / Prison Officer
- Social worker
- Teacher, lecturer
- Trade union officer
- Travel agent (qualified)
- Valuers and auctioneers (fellow and associate members of the incorporated society)
- Veterinary Surgeon
Card Recognition Guide 5-step checking process
Step 1 * Check the hologram
- Look for the 3D effect in the background of the hologram
- look for the small text in the background
- The hologram must be flush with the plastic of the card NOT stuckon top of plastic.
- If in doubt compare it with a sample card; Need a sample? Call us
Download ID-card-recognition-guide. PDF
How quickly can I have my card?
There are three services:
- Card sent out to you within 10 working days of receipt of your application in our office (working days are Mon to Fri) – costs £15
- Card sent out to you within 5 working days of receipt of your application in our office (working days are Mon to Fri) – costs £25
There is a guaranteed overnight service which means that you receive your card the next working day after we have received your application form in our office. This excludes Saturday and Sunday and is dependent upon your documents being correct and your referee check being successful. The package will need a signature when it arrives at your house; it doesn't have to be the applicant who signs. If you would rather us send it to another address, that can be done as long as you give us the full postal address in writing and enclose that instruction with your application. There are extra options with this service so it's best to call us so that we can see how best to help you.
I have lost my card, can I get a replacement?
As long as we still hold your records, a replacement can be produced. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a reprint confirming your full name, date of birth and address. This will be forwarded to records who will then respond by return email.
Can I pay for my card using my online bank account?
Yes, you can. Please make sure that you have ticked the box on the application form, please make sure that you follow the instructions on the form and that you use the card applicant's surname as the reference. This is very important, it is how we check your payment against your application - if you don't do it, the production of your card will be delayed.
The bank details are;
Sort Code 20-40-09
Account Number 53164314
Reference - put the applicants name.
Just call if you have any questions.
Can I pay for the card at the bank?
Only if you are a Barclays bank account holder. Tell them that you want to pay us, VALIDATE UK, and use the account details as below, again, please remember to use the card applicant's name as the reference. The bank will give you a receipt for your payment, please keep that as evidence that you have paid.
Account Name: Validate UK Ltd.
Account Number: 53164314
Sort Code: 20-40-09
Can I pay using my debit card or credit card?
Yes you can, just follow the payment instructions within the payment section.
Can I send you a photograph that I have taken and printed?
Yes you can but please be aware that if the quality of the print is poor it will be rejected. This is because we need a good quality photograph in order to produce your card.
Can you give me some advice about the photograph?
Your photos must be 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide - the standard size used in photo booths in the UK i.e. passport sized photographs/
You can't use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.
Your photos must be:
- in colour on plain white photographic paper
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- a true and current likeness of you
- clear and in focus
- without any tears or creases
- unaltered by computer software
The image of you
Your photos must show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people. Below are examples of how your photograph should look (the grey border is not a requirement).
Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:
- facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- with a sensible expression, you can smile
- without anything covering the face
- in clear contrast to the background
- without a head covering (unless it's worn for religious or medical reasons)
- no hats, beanies, head scarves, head bands or sweat bands
- no headphones
- with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- if you normally wear glasses then it is alright to be photographed with your glasses on; please ensure that there is no reflective glare from the lenses
- your eyes must be visible, not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- without any ‘red eye'
- without any shadows in the picture
Photos of children
- Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.
- Children under 6 don't have to be looking directly at the camera or have a neutral expression.
- Children under 1 don't have to have their eyes open. If their head is supported by a hand, the hand mustn't be visible in the photo.
I am not 18 for 2 months can I apply for my card now?
Yes, you can apply before you turn 18. Please mark the application form in the top right hand corner 18+. We will process the application on receipt here. The card will be held until three working days before your birthday.
I want my card now!
Sorry but we do not issue 18+ cards until you attain that age. If you want a 12/15 or 16/18 card now, that's fine, but you will need to re-apply if you want the 18+ card later. The cards don't "run out" so you can use them for as long as you want.
- 10 working day service is £15
- 5 working day service is £25
- Tracked overnight for a next working day delivery by 1pm £40 (not Saturday delivery)
- 9am next working day deliveries are available. Call for details